Welcome to Oak Class!
Mrs Fogden and Mrs Gill - Class Teacher
Mrs Ford - Teaching Assistant
Mrs Abbott - Teaching Assistant
Please use your unique login details to access Oak Class' homepage.
In Reception the children are working within the Early Years Foundation Stage. This is a continuation from the curriculum that your child will have followed if they attended nursery or pre-school.
There are 7 areas of learning within the Early Years Foundation Stage.
Communication and Language.
Personal, Social and Emotional Development.
Understanding of the world.
Expressive Arts and Design.
The children in Oak Class learn through a wide range of experiences, the majority of which are play based. They take part in many different activities, some of which are child led and others that are adult guided.
The children take part in daily Phonics sessions. We follow the Letters and Sounds scheme as well as using actions from Jolly Phonics. There are 5 key skills that the children will learn through phonics:
1. Learning to recognise the letter sound.
2. Learning how to write the sound correctly.
3. Blending sounds together in words in order to read.
4. Segmenting the sounds in words in order to write.
5. Reading and spelling 'tricky words' (words that you cannot blend or segment).
- Petworth_Primary_School_Calculation_Policy_September 2018.pdf
- reading at home booklet KS1.pdf
- Parent Phonics Lesson 2017.ppt
- Oak curriculum letter Autumn 1 2018.pdf
- Curriculum letter Autumn 2 Oak 2018.pdf
- Supporting-children-with-spelling 2018.pdf
- Topic Overview 2018-2019.pdf